Monday, April 20, 2009

Waiting is hard work

Today, I'm having a hard time waiting for my sweet baby Eden. I feel like I have a ton to do before he comes and I'm working on it, but with a little extra stress. There is a part of me that wants to just sleep until he comes home with us. It's pretty hard to wait and wonder. I'm sure when I have the chance to rest and pray while the boys are down for their nap I will find my strength renewed.

I know our sweet birth mom is going to see the doctor at some point today. She is going to have an ultrasound. I would so much love to see him too. I wonder so many things about him. I got to hear the heartbeat of a good friends little boy last week. What a wonderful gift for a mama to hear the strong beat of their childs heart! There is so much faith involved in the adoption process, it sometimes feels like I'm pretending to be having a baby. I need to find contentment in the nesting process. Doing baby laundry and working on his afghan. Just getting our house ready for another little one. Knowing that God sees me and knows my heart. He loves me like no other can love me.

The boys have been pretending that their stuffed animals are their babies the last couple of days. They each have a swaddle blanket and a bottle for their baby. Jaymin's named his small panda baby "Henry". They feed them, change their diapers, and even have me babysit if they have something they need to do. It's pretty cute. I'm taking that as a good sign that they are ready for a new brother in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment